FOR THE PROTECTION OF EVERYONE ATTENDING, THE ARCHDIOCESE HAS
ESTABLISHED NEW GUIDELINES FOR ATTENDING MASS
For those who will be attending Holy Mass in person, Archbishop Wenski in collobation with our Pastor, Jesus Arias, have implemented the following requirements for all worshipers:
- Masks Must Be Worn: Please have your mask on when entering the church and please wear it at all times inside the church and on church grounds.
- Social Distancing Must Be Observed: While waiting outside to enter the church, every person Must Maintain 6 Feet of distance from each other. It will be difficult for the Ushers to enforce this with large crowds so we ask for everyone's cooperation to self-regulate according to the social distancing norm.
- Enter Through the Front Doors: All entrance into the church will be from the main front entrance (east doors). The side doors and the Chapel doors will be closed. The ONLY ENTRANCE into the church is the front doors. In order to enter an Usher will open the door and people will enter one group at a time. Once inside please follow the instructions of the Ushers in order to be seated. There will be tables as you enter with hand sanitizers for your use and the offertory baskets for your donations.
- Exit Through the Side Doors: All other entrances to the church will be closed and the only entrance will be through the front doors. The only exits will be the two side doors. The back doors will also be closed so if you wish to use the restrooms near the office, please exit from the side doors.
- Follow The Ushers: Ushers will be key to keeping everyone safe and organized. They will lead you to your seat, provide you with the offertory baskets as you enter and exit, lead you to communion, guide your departure from the church, and answer any questions you may have. PLEASE follow their instructions and feel free to ask them any questions, or go to them with any needs, you may have.
- Seating: An Usher will lead you to your seat. All seating will be at a first come, first seated basis. We have organized the church according to groups so please indicate if you are a family, an individual, or wish to be seated in the senior section. We ask that you do not walk around the church or gather in groups as we must maintain social distancing at all times so we discourage people from congregating inside or outside the church. We are so excited to see each other and many will want to gather to speak. For these reunions we ask that you please step outside where you have more space to keep social distancing norms.
- Alternatives for Attending: With the social distancing norms in place, the main church will hold 250 people. The Chapel will hold 48 families. The overflow from the church will go to the Parish Hall where Mass at the church will be live streamed. The Parish Hall will hold 100 people. If you wish to attend Mass and are not able to enter any of these areas, feel free to watch Mass from your cars in the church parking lot, which will be live streamed from our website and YouTube channel. We will be offering Communion outside the church at each corner of the front entrance for those who remain in their cars. If you want to ensure you attend Mass inside the church, please arrive early.
- Offertory: If you are able to give your offering at Mass, please be prepared to drop your donations off in the offertory basket as you enter the main church and the Parish Hall. The offertory baskets will also be available when you depart. An Usher will have a basket available for those who would like to give their donations who are watching from their cars.
- Receiving Communion: The process for receiving Communion will be explained inside the church and the Parish Hall so please pay attention to the Lectors and Ushers as they explain how to form the lines and how to receive Communion. Communion in the mouth will ONLY be offered by the presiding priest inside the main church.
- Departure: At the end of Mass, please do not get up and leave. The Lector will announce which sections of the church and Chapel will depart. Everyone will depart one pew at a time. We will begin in the back and work our way up to the front in order to maintain the social distancing norms. Please DO NOT CONGREGATE inside the church. Unfortunately, no one can stay inside the church or Parish Hall after Mass because we only have a limited amount of time to clean and disinfect the church, Chapel and Parish Hall.
For those who are not able to attend Mass in person, the Archbishop's dispensation from attending Mass remains in place indefinitely. We ask that you stay home if you are sick or vulnerable. Our Masses will continue to be live streamed from our website (www.gscatholic.org) and our YouTube channel (www.youtube.com/gscatholic).
We thank you all for your cooperation with these new norms which are in place to avoid the spread of COVID19. Many of you have already experienced the new norms for interacting with each other in public. We must continue to practice these norms in our liturgy. We look forward to seeing all of you and we thank you for your support in keeping our parish safe and in compliance with county ordinances. These new guidelines will remain in place until officially removed by the Archdiocese of Miami but please check back to this page for any updates. We look forward to the day we can celebrate Mass with every parishioner again. God Bless you and your family!
- Liturgical Ministers are asked to arrive 30 minutes before Mass. If you are a Liturgical Minister attending Mass, we ask that you please assist with ushering and other needs that will arise. Please see the Sacristan or Lead Usher when you arrive.
- We are in great need of Ushers and volunteers. Please contact the office at (305) 385-4320 or email [email protected].
- Communion for the homebound will be offered by request. Please contact the office at (305) 385-4320.
- Confessions will be offered under the same schedule: Saturdays 4:00 PM to 4:45 PM & 6:00 PM to 6:30 PM or by appointment. Call the office for an appointment (305) 385-4320.
- The Adoration Chapel will open for adoration by 2 persons at a time. Please contact Ivette Gonzalez at [email protected] to make your reservation. No one will be able to enter without a reservation.